Fordoun Hotel and Spa is an award winning five-star luxury boutique hotel and spa located near Nottingham Road in the scenic KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. It is a family owned and managed destination with a history dating back to the 1800’s. Fordoun has a strong ethos on personalised hospitality and authenticity. The hotel comprises 22 luxurious, comfortable individually styled rooms and the relatively new addition self-catering farm village offering 9 fully equipped cottages, a chapel and a wedding/conference venue.
With panoramic views of the Drakensberg, in a tranquil country setting, the feeling of romance is almost tangible. Fordoun was created with the vision that every guest should leave feeling rejuvenated, find value in their Fordoun experience and change guests’ lives!
Fordoun is located in the rolling grasslands of the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands, where the air is crystal-clear and smog and traffic are echoes of another lifestyle. Guests can enjoy gentle walks around the grounds, visit the herb garden of Dr Ndlovu, or ride on mountain bikes along designated routes through the Fordoun estate. Fly-fishing is available on three still water dams at Fordoun or in season; in the pristine waters of the nearby Bushman’s or Mooi River. Golf is available at the magnificent Bosch Hoek or Gowrie Farm courses which are both just a few minutes away.
We offer three categories of rooms namely: Luxury, Deluxe Dam Facing and the Superior Mountain View rooms offering panoramic views of the Drakensberg.
Fordoun Hotel encapsulates the grandeur of a bygone era while embracing all modern life’s creature comforts. With only 22 individually-styled bedrooms, attention to detail and personalised service reigns supreme.
Fordoun Spa is in the heart of Nottingham Road, Midlands Meander and boasts a team of experts that include skilled masseuses, Reiki and Bio-energy specialists, a traditional African Healer and highly trained aestheticians.
The spa features internationally acclaimed treatments such as the rasul, (a Turkish steam and clay treatment room), a saline Floatation pool, a indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a gymnasium, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy, and two couples treatment suites. One of the couple suites offers a hydrotherapy bath.
- Aromatherapy body and bath treatments, using exotic blends of essential oils to suit each customer’s needs
- Totally unique African treatments which include the Indulgent African Earth Experience and the Inkomfe (African Potato) healing wraps
- Hydrotherapy baths and showers
- Various massages, including Deep Tissue massage, Ndukuduku massage, Swedish and Aromatherapy
- Feet and hand treatments (Reflexology, Manicure & Pedicure)
- Lash and brow tinting
- Body scrubs and spray tanning
- A range of facials tailor made for every skin type
- An array of high intensity slimming treatments that target all parts of the body
- Pampering massages and treatments for our “Mums to be”